This has been in planning since the summer; the details unfortunately took a while to get solidified. But the web site is up now, or at least the web site is out, so check it out:
GET LAMP Screening
- Wednesday, October 6th, 7:30 - 8:30 pm
- Tisch AV 304
- Maybe you've seen it at PAX, but that was months ago! The one-hour convention edition of GET LAMP, followed by discussion by Jason Scott (director), Nick Montfort (MIT), and Andrew Plotkin (me).
Nick Montfort on IF
- Thursday, October 14th, 2:50 - 4:00 pm
- Halligan 111A
- Nick Montfort discusses Curveship, his experimental interactive fiction system which is "designed to allow automatic narrative variation -- that is, computer-controlled, parametric changes in the way the story is told."
Collaborative IF Playing Event
- Thursday, October 21st, 7:30 pm until everyone's done having fun
- Center for Scientific Visualization, Anderson Hall -- the Viswall
- Flourish Klink and the PR-IF crew will present several IF games to play in groups. The game is up on a projector screen; somebody reads, somebody types, and everybody can shout out suggestions. We've done this a couple of times at MIT, and it's a lot of fun. (List of games to be announced.)
IF Writer's Workshop
- Wednesday, October 27th, 7:30 - 9:30 pm
- Mayer Campus Center -- the large conference room
- I (Andrew Plotkin) and the PR-IF crew will host an IF writer's workshop. Please bring a work in progress! (Any amount of progress, even just an opening room. Any IF platform.) We will try out each work for a few minutes, and then discuss how it plays.
Clara Fernández-Vara on Storytelling in Games